SUNOCO CHALLENGE POINTS SYSTEM EXPLAINED
The Sunoco Whelen Challenge and Sunoco 240 Challenge are administered individually by Anglo American Oil Company. Points are awarded as illustrated in the table below. The driver taking pole position gains 20 points as does the driver setting fastest lap and 100 points awarded for a win. This means that a driver who has a perfect score would walk away from a race with 140 points.
- Points are awarded for race result, pole position and fastest lap (in a two driver/car situation both drivers get points for race result but the pole position and fastest lap points are given to the racer that gains them).
- All points are divided between the number of races in a season, to create an average score for each racer – this creates a level playing field, so for example someone with only an 8 race season can compete on equal terms with someone who has a fifteen race season – highest average overall wins!
- Races starting with less than 10 cars get a percentage of the number of cars competing (i.e. a race with 7 cars means that points awarded are multiplied with 70%).
- One driver in a two race format – should the driver register for the Sunoco Challenges and single handed compete in a Championship designed for two drivers, he/she will be awarded 90% of the earned points. Should the single driver be a Silver, or higher graded, driver he will get 81% of the eligible points
- Silver/Silver drivers get 90% of eligible points
- British GT drivers get 110% points
Every race in a series calendar counts. For example if a British GT3 Pro competitor scores a total of 650 points for the season and a British season is made up of 8 races his average points per race equals 81.25, and if a British F3 driver scores 1475 points throughout 2018 over a 16 race calendar (reverse grid is not included) his average score will be 92.19 i.e. the British F3 driver wins.
Anglo American Oil Company Ltd
Company registered office:
58 Holton Road,
Holton Heath Trading Park,
Poole, Dorset, BH16 6LT
Registration No. 3777822
VAT No. GB737085420